Thursday, February 27, 2014

(3) Chants: Protection from Evil

 
Invocation of Protection from Evil
 
I invoke Thee, GAH-DEE-ELL (Gadiel), in Thy power and wisdom to place
around me a shield against which evil shall be powerless. Those who
would harm me shall be powerless, and their evil shall return to them a
thousandfold. Be Thou ready and able to place this protection, as I seal it
with Thee with the Words: EE-YOTE-EE-YAH-VAW-ARE-ZALL. I am within
Thy protection now and my enemies cannot harm me. So mote it be.
 
Specific Information

Gadiel - "God as my witness, I am innocent."  He is one of several guards of the gate of the south wind. His name has been found inscribed on amulets to ward off evil.
I encountered much confusion when researching this angel.  Some sources cite "God is my wealth" is his translation, however I am not so sure.  Some sources place him in the 5th Heaven.  Gadiel is also found in the Greater Key of Solomon.

Regardless, Gadiel is very efficient at protection, especially where other people are concerned.  Using this chant, as well as the Defensive Armor spell (Mahashiah & Lalehel), is an extremely potent combination.

1 comment: